From Celeb Nude Wiki - The Encyclopedia of Nude Celebs
Date of Birth: 8 July 1978
Place of Birth: Ystradgynlais, Wales, UK
Height: 5' 7½" (1.71 m)
Eve Myles (born 8 July 1978 in Ystradgynlais, Powys), is a Welsh actress. She is most well known for playing lead characters in Belonging and as ex-police officer Gwen Cooper in the Doctor Who spin-off programme Torchwood.
Born in Ystradgynlais, Myles attended the Ysgol Maes Y Dderwen school in the same class as fellow actor Steve Meo. After training as an actress and completing a Bachelor of Arts degree in acting at the Royal Welsh College of Music & Drama in Cardiff, she graduated in 2000 and moved to London.
In 2001, Myles undertook a role in the television film Score and the TV mini-series Tales from Pleasure Beach. From 2000 she took the lead role of Ceri in the BBC Wales drama Belonging.
From 2003, Myles based herself in Stratford upon Avon, initially playing Lavinia in the Royal Shakespeare Company production of Titus Andronicus. In 2005, she appeared opposite Michael Gambon in Henry IV, Part I and II at the National Theatre.
Myles had a significant part as a stable girl in the BBC TV series Trainer, and reappeared in the BBC short film Colditz in 2005. The role led to her taking a supporting role in the Doctor Who episode "The Unquiet Dead," where by she was spotted by producer Russell T Davies who commented that: "It just confirmed to me that she was one of Wales' best-kept secrets." Consequently Davies wrote the part of Gwen in Torchwood specifically for Myles. "It's beyond flattering. It's my own personal Oscar, that Davies wrote the part for me, " says Eve. The role resulted in her moving back home to Wales. Myles describes her character, Gwen as Torchwood's 'Social Worker', "She's a social worker that can run and fight and stand in her own corner and win." Eve also appeared in the Series Four finale of Doctor Who, alongside Torchwood co-stars John Barrowman and Gareth David-Lloyd.
Eve Myles also appeared in the first episode of Merlin, called The Dragon's Call where she played Lady Helen and Mary Collins, a witch who impersonated her, and in Little Dorrit, where she played Maggy.
In July 2010, Myles announced that is about to sign on to appear in a BBC TV Wales remake of The Fabulous Baker Boys.
Myles lives with her long-time partner, Bradley Freegard, and announced that she was pregnant in May 2009. On November 10, 2009 Myles gave birth to a daughter, Matilda Myles Freegard.
Awards and Recognition
In 2007 Eve Myles won a BAFTA Cymru Best Actress award for her portrayal of Gwen Cooper in Torchwood , a role she also received BAFTA Cymru nominations for in 2008 and 2010 . In 2002 and 2003, Myles was nominated for Best Actress in the BAFTA Cymru Awards for her role as Ceri on the BBC Wales drama Belonging.
In 2010 Eve won the 'Best Actress" award in the SFX Reader's awards poll
- In 2005, The Western Mail ranked Myles seventh in its annual list of the 50 sexiest women in Wales.
- In 2006, Wales on Sunday named Myles as its "Bachelorette of the Year".
- 2010 Eve was honoured with a fellowship from the Royal Welsh College of Music and Drama.
- 2010 - 11th Annual Portal Awards – BEST ACTRESS/Television Eve Myles for "Torchwood"
|2009||A Bit of Tom Jones||Sally||Official Website|
|2009||Framed||Angharad||One off comedy-drama|
|2009||Torchwood: Children of Earth||Gwen Cooper||Day One - Day Five|
|2008||Merlin||Mary Collins & Lady Helen||TV Episodes - "The Dragon's Call" (1.1)|
|2008||Little Dorrit||Maggy||TV Programme - Little Dorrit at IMDb|
|2008||Doctor Who||Gwen Cooper||TV Episodes - "The Stolen Earth"/"Journey's End" (4.12/4.13)|
|2006-Present||Torchwood Declassified||Herself||TV Programme - Torchwood Declassified at IMDb|
|2006-Present||Torchwood||Gwen Cooper||TV Programme - Torchwood at IMDb|
|2006||Soundproof||DC Sarah McGowan||TV Programme - Soundproof at IMDb|
|2006||These Foolish Things||Dolly Nightingale||Feature film - These Foolish Things at IMDb|
|2005||Doctor Who||Gwyneth||TV Episode - "The Unquiet Dead" (1.03)|
|2005||Colditz||Jill||TV Programme - Colditz at IMDb|
|2003||EastEnders: Dot's Story||Young Gwen||TV - EastEnders: Dot's Story at IMDb|
|2001||Tales from Pleasure Beach||Angie||TV Programme - Tales from Pleasure Beach at IMDb|
|2001||Score||Paula||TV Movie - Score at IMDb|
|2000-2009||Belonging||Ceri||TV Programme - Belonging at IMDb|
- Eve was born in a town called Ystradgynlais and attended the Ysgol Maes Y Dderwen school with fellow actor Steve Meo.
- In 2005 she appeared as a maidservant who died to save the world in an episode of "Doctor Who" (2005) and so impressed the writer Russell T. Davies that he cast her as the female lead in the spin-off series "Torchwood" (2006).
- She has acted with the National Theatre and Royal Shakespeare Company and in 2005 a paper called The Western Mail voted her the seventh most sexy Welsh female celebrity.
- Along with Freema Agyeman, John Barrowman, Naoko Mori and Gareth David-Lloyd, she is one of only five actors to play the same character (Gwen Cooper) in both "Doctor Who" (2005) and "Torchwood" (2006).
- Eve is expecting her first child, due November 6th, with long-time partner Bradley Freegard.