From Celeb Nude Wiki - The Encyclopedia of Nude Celebs
Date of Birth: 21 June 1973
Place of Birth: Los Angeles, California, USA
Height: 5' 6" (1.68 m)
||This article's introduction section may not adequately summarize its contents. To comply with Wikipedia's lead section guidelines, please consider expanding the lead to provide an accessible overview of the article's key points. (July 2010)|
Juliette Lewis (born June 21, 1973) is an American actress and musician.
Early life and acting career
Juliette Lewis was born in Los Angeles, California to Geoffrey Lewis, an actor, and Glenis Duggan Batley, a graphic designer. She has four siblings – brothers Lightfield and Peter, and sisters Deirdre and Brandy.
She appeared in The Wonder Years as Wayne's girlfriend in Episodes 24, 34 and 36. Lewis first garnered international attention and acclaim in 1991 with her turn as Danielle Bowden in Martin Scorsese's remake of Cape Fear, for which she was nominated for an Academy Award for Best Supporting Actress in 1991. Over the next few years, she won further critical support in Peter Medak's Romeo Is Bleeding, and as opposite Brad Pitt in Kalifornia. In 1993 she acted alongside Leonardo DiCaprio and Johnny Depp in the drama film What's Eating Gilbert Grape. She played Mallory Knox in Oliver Stone's Natural Born Killers. She played a rock singer in the film Strange Days, doing her own singing on covers of two songs written by PJ Harvey, giving fans an early look at her musical prowess.
She received an Emmy nomination for her performance in Hysterical Blindness in 2003. She also appeared in the HIM music video for "Buried Alive By Love" in 2003.
Lewis appeared in Rockstar Games' Grand Theft Auto IV, providing the voice of "Juliette", the host of fictional radio station "Radio Broker". She starred in the video for the Melissa Etheridge song "Come To My Window", and has also appeared in a GAP commercial which she was dancing with Daft Punk to the tune of the song "Digital Love".
Lewis launched a career as a solo singer and musician, leading American rock band Juliette and the Licks until 2009. After splitting with the Licks, she has formed a new band The New Romantiques, with whom she has recorded a new album entitled Terra Incognita.
Lewis features on the track "Bad Brother" by the band The Infidels, from The Crow: Salvation Soundtrack album, which was released on April 2000. She is working with rock songwriter Linda Perry, among others. Lewis has also appeared on three tracks by Electronic Music group The Prodigy's 2004 CD Always Outnumbered, Never Outgunned ("Spitfire", "Get Up Get Off", and "Hot Ride"). In 2006, Blender magazine included her in their hottest women of rock music list while saying, "[She] delivered sonically varnished melodic punk replete with purring vocals and lyrics that bash porn, pharmaceutical companies and rotten lovers. (in no particular order)".
In 2009 the Juliette played at Przystanek Woodstock in Poland
- …Like a Bolt of Lightning (2004)
- You're Speaking My Language (2005)
- Four on the Floor (2006)
- Terra Incognita (2009)
- You're Speaking My Language (2005)
- Got Love to Kill (2005)
- Hot Kiss (2006)
- Sticky Honey (2006)
- Fantasy Bar (2009)
- Uh Huh (2010)
At the age of 14, she left her parents and went to live with a family friend, actress Karen Black before moving into her own apartment. Dropping out of high school, she got into trouble with the law, driving illegally at 15 and arrested in a night-club at 16 for being under-age. She also went into rehab for drug addiction in her twenties.
Lewis dated actor Brad Pitt, with whom she co-starred in the films Kalifornia and Too Young to Die?. She also dated Michael Dewitt, the nanny hired by Kurt Cobain and Courtney Love. She married professional skateboarder Steve Berra in 1999; they divorced in 2003.
Lewis is a member of the Church of Scientology.
|1987||I Married Dora||Kate Farrell||(TV series)
Nominated — Young Artist Award for Best Young Actress Starring in a New Television Comedy Series
|1988||My Stepmother Is an Alien||Lexie, Jessie's Friend #1|
|The Facts of Life||Terry Rankin||(TV series)|
|1989||National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation||Audrey Griswold|
|Meet the Hollowheads||Cindy Hollowhead|
|The Runnin' Kind||Amy Curtis|
|The Wonder Years||Delores||(TV Series)|
|1990||A Family for Joe||Holly Bankston #2||(TV Series)|
|Too Young to Die?||Amanda Sue Bradley|
|1991||Cape Fear||Danielle Bowden||Chicago Film Critics Association Award for Most Promising ActressKansas City Film Critics Circle Award for Best Supporting Actress
Nominated — Academy Award for Best Supporting Actress Nominated — Chicago Film Critics Association Award for Best Supporting Actress Nominated — Golden Globe Award for Best Supporting Actress – Motion Picture Nominated — MTV Movie Award for Best Kiss (Shared with Robert De Niro)
|1992||That Night||Sheryl O'Connor|
|Husbands and Wives||Rain|
|1993||What's Eating Gilbert Grape||Becky|
|Romeo Is Bleeding||Sheri|
|1994||Mixed Nuts||Gracie Barzini|
|Natural Born Killers||Mallory Knox||Pasinetti Award for Best Actress
Nominated — MTV Movie Award for Best Kiss (Shared with Woody Harrelson) Nominated — MTV Movie Award for Best On-Screen Duo (Shared with Woody Harrelson)
|1995||Strange Days||Faith Justin|
|The Basketball Diaries||Diane Moody|
|1996||The Evening Star||Melanie Horton||Blockbuster Entertainment Award for Favorite Supporting Actress - Drama|
|From Dusk till Dawn||Kate Fuller||Nominated — Saturn Award for Best Supporting Actress|
|1999||The Other Sister||Carla Tate||Nominated — Razzie Award for Worst Supporting Actress|
|The 4th Floor||Jane Emelin|
|2000||Room to Rent||Linda|
|The Way of the Gun||Robin|
|2001||Picture Claire||Claire Beaucage|
|My Louisiana Sky||Dorie Kay||(TV)
Nominated — Emmy Award for Outstanding Performer in a Children's Special
|Armitage: Dual Matrix||(Anime)|
|Dharma & Greg||September||"Try To Remember This Kind Of September" episode|
Nominated — Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Supporting Actress – Miniseries or a Movie Nominated — Independent Spirit Award for Best Supporting Female
|2003||Cold Creek Manor|
|Free for All||Paula|
|2004||Renegade||Maria Sullivan||aka Blueberry|
|Starsky & Hutch||Kitty|
|2005||Daltry Calhoun||Flora Flick|
|The Darwin Awards||Joleen|
|Lightfield's Home Videos|
|2006||My Name Is Earl||Jesse — Bounty Hunter||in "The Bounty Hunter" episode|
|2007||Catch and Release||Maureen|
|2008||Grand Theft Auto IV||Herself as a radio DJ||(video game)|
|2009||Whip It!||Iron Maven|
|2010||Sympathy for Delicious||Ariel Lee|
|Memphis Beat||Cleo||(TV Series) "Baby, Let's Play House"|
- Sister of Lightfield Lewis and Brandy Lewis. Half-sister of Dierdre Lewis and Matthew Lewis.
- Legally emancipated from her parents at age 14.
- Dropped out of high school just three weeks after starting.
- Arrested for being underage in an underground dance club at age 16. The arresting officer, who recognized her dad when he picked her up at the station, gave Juliette her mug shot (the charges were dropped), which now hangs, poster-size, in her home (this picture can be seen at Fan Page)
- Drove without driver's license until she was 21. She owned a car bought under a friend's name and had been driving illegally since age 15. Eventually got a license after she got caught not stopping at a stop sign.
- Father almost named her Snow Lake.
- Daughter of Geoffrey Lewis and Glenys Batley, a graphic designer.
- Chosen by Empire magazine as one of the 100 Sexiest Stars in film history (#75). 
- Played a suicidal mental patient in the music video for the Melissa Etheridge song "Come to my Window." Lewis' erratic behavior frightened the director to the point where he yelled "Cut!" several unnecessary times for fear that Lewis had truly suffered a mental/emotional breakdown.
- Her song from Natural Born Killers (1994) was used in another song, "Bad Brother" by The Infidels.
- Auditioned for the role played by Winona Ryder in Beetle Juice (1988).
- Fronts a rock band called "Juliette and the Licks" which is touring on Van's Warped Tour in 2004.
- Wears a size 7 1/2 shoe.
- Posed for a portrait in US Magazine, by Peggy Sirota, which featured nothing but an extreme close-up of the soles of her bare feet.
- Although she is now divorced, she remains good friends with her ex-husband, Stephen Berra.
- She was introduced to her future husband Stephen Berra by her younger sister Brandy Lewis.
- Ranked #7 on Tropopkin's Top 25 Most Intriguing People [Issue #100]
- Sister-in-law of Ethan Suplee.
- Friend of Alanis Morissette.
- Turned down the role of Mia Thermopolis that eventually went to Anne Hathaway in The Princess Diaries (2001).